- Frequently Asked Questions
- What criteria should I use to pick a long term care home?
What criteria should I use to pick a long term care home?
Here is a list of questions that you should consider when choosing a long term care home:
- What is the quality of the staff? - including skills, low turnover, and great management
- Is it a Medicare/Medicaid Certified Provider? Is it a safe and clean environment?
- Does it have a clean violation history?
- What is the cost? - Create a clear and concise list of questions to determine what is covered and what is extra and compare expenses.
- Is the room comfortable and attractive? –How big is it? What does the view look like? Is there storage space? Does it come furnished? Is it a shared space? Does it feel cold and industrial or intimate and homey?
- What activities are available?
- What’s on the menu? Does it look and smell good?
- What professional services are available? – From social workers to number of LVN’s per shift, are your loved one’s needs adequately going to be addressed by the staff?
- Do the staff and residents look happy?