- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are symptoms of dementia?
What are symptoms of dementia?
The common symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss which tends to be the earliest and most noticeable symptom.
- Trouble remembering recent events or recognizing people and places.
- Trouble finding the right words and expressing oneself.
- Problems planning and carrying out tasks including balancing a checkbook, following a recipe, or writing a letter.
- Difficulties in judgment, such as knowing what to do in an emergency.
- Trouble controlling moods or behaviors (depression being a common symptom)
- Not keeping up personal care such as grooming, bathing, or other daily routines